Despite arguments to the contrary, restorative justice can be less exhausting than a simple zero tolerance policy or punitive discipline. Restorative justice can help address long running, pressure fueled conflicts. It can also help prevent chronic violence. Restorative justice can be a viable solution to circumstances in which zero tolerance policies or singular punishments do not address the root cause of what may be a long running problem.
Have you ever wondered what goes on behind the scenes in a celebrity divorce? I can tell you that the red carpet of divorce is littered with strange pre-nups, unnecessary amounts of media coverage, and normal people just trying to get on with their lives. Lawyers become very familiar with their clients in a short amount of time, learning about sex lives, personal details, and other bizarre facts that are irrelevant to the case. See how these lawyers handle their clients’ cases and be stunned by the backstage facts of these high-profile divorces.
- Because California’s a no-fault state, you cannot base any kind of a pre-nuptial agreement on somebody’s behavior
- Contrary to Some Misconceptions, It’s Not the Lawyer’s Job to Encourage Pre-nups
- One challenge, for lawyers working for the biggest stars, is that their client is used to getting his/her way.
“My job is to do what is necessary to create an agreement that will be enforceable if and when they split up in the future, and save them some money and aggravation later.”
Recovering from a divorce is one of the hardest things a person will ever go through. Hernando United Methodist Church has recently begun offering a Divorce Care support group to help people deal with the pain and struggling that follows a divorce. The group focuses on confronting and dealing with the feelings that follow a divorce and offer hope for moving on past the pain and continuing to lead a happy and healthy life.
This article is about a divorce that may take place between the power couple The Wests, Kim and Kanye. Kanye was not pleased with the Kardashian family and there refusal to attend his fashion show, this is one of many things that has been leading up to a potential divorce between the two.
- With thousands of Syrian men dying on the front lines, and others forced into exile or simply disappearing, the rates of divorce and polygamy in Syria are on the rise.
- Polygamy pre-dates Islam in the Middle East but was incorporated into the religion. Sunni Muslim men are permitted to take four wives on the condition that they treat them equally.
- For many women, the decision to wed an already married man is born of economic hardship.
“”We have more women than men here. Four friends and I decided to take widowed women as second wives to protect their reputations””
Today’s singles are faced with a barrage of dating advice that encourages them to dress better, act differently, and learn how to chase and be chased. However, rather than being helpful, this advice often leads to singles trying to become someone they are not. Rather than being their authentic selves, they try to conform to the advice they are given. This leads to someone merely playing a role and can lead to staying single rather than letting someone get to know the authentic you.
Couples who divorce later in life encounter more financial problems than those who divorce when they are younger. Divorcing later in life has a greater chance of impacting retirement plans, estate planning, home ownership, and health in ways that divorces on one’s younger years do not. When older couples divorce it is important that both spouses are able to sort through the details in order for both to securely move on.
In today’s society, while people often dismiss others for trivial or shallow reasons, it is not uncommon to keep people in one’s life who has a long running hurtful or harmful personality trait. These traits can be something as simple as thoughtlessness or negligence. While there is no clear answer, there are several theories about why people allow individuals in their lives that have these harmful qualities.
- while sometimes we are very quick to reject dates and partners for seemingly trivial reasons, other times we go to the opposite extreme and are too willing to overlook major flaws
- By the time these traits do appear, we may already be enamored with the more superficial aspects of the person.
- After we do notice the harmful behavior, it is easy to tell ourselves that these negative personality traits will change over time.
“By the time these traits do appear, we may already be enamored with the more superficial aspects of the person—including their lack of any obvious minor flaw that would immediately pop out at us.”
After significant break ups, it is not uncommon to be emotionally devastated. Positive and goal-orientated thinking are great ways to help curb those negative emotions. Having confidence and knowing that the pain won’t last for a long time will help as well. Opportunities will always arise and this breakup is not the end of your opportunities. Thinking outside the box will help distract you from harmful thoughts as well.
Bill Eddy, the nationally renowned lawyer and therapist, in conjunction with the Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois, will be hosting an educational workshop aimed at understanding high conflict individuals. The workshop with help professionals manage high conflict individuals and deal with the problems and chaos these individuals bring to their environment.
- Workshop held for professionals who have interactions with difficult clients and co-workers.
- Workshop will provide insight into the personalities of high conflict individuals.
- Participants will earn continuing education credits.
“This event is on November 18, from 8:30AM-4:30 at Café La Cave in Des Plaines, Illinois. Registration is open to all divorce professionals.”
Celebrity divorce is always pretty ugly and the story is no different for Master P. While currently going through a divorce with Sonya Miller, accusations of using children as pawns and drug addiction are just a few of the claims being thrown around. Of course there is also disputes on how much money Master P. really makes as Miller tries to claim she is not being paid what she is owed.